Xero are stepping up their security and we wanted to forewarn you of an admin task you will need to action before the end of the calendar year.
Multi Factor authentication provides an additional layer of security to your Xero. It will combine your current username and password with a further security check to ensure that only you can access Xero. Xero will require all UK users to enable the MFA feature by the end of 2021. There are several ways to set this up.
1) Log into Xero.
2) You will be presented with the following screen:
3) Click the ‘Set up multi-factor authentication’ button highlighted above.
4) You will need to download the Xero Verify app or another authenticator provider i.e. Google Authenticator / Authy.
5) Open this app on your smartphone and scan the QR code on screen, the app will generate a 6 digit code for you to enter into Xero.
6) Once this is set up you will need to add a back-up e-mail address or security questions.
7) Xero will send a code to the alternative e-mail address provided. This code will need to be entered into Xero to compete the process.
8) When logging into Xero in the future you will be prompted to enter a security code from the authenticator app you have downloaded, you can request that Xero remembers you for 30 days so this process doesn’t have to be completed on every log in.
For additional guidance including how to set up authentication without a smartphone please use the following link;
If you are interested in using Xero as your bookkeeping software please get in touch with our Digital Team.