There are two significant tax payment deadlines this month to prepare for.
- 1 January 2022 – Companies with a 31 March 2021 year end date should have settled their Corporation Tax payment on or before this date.
- 31 January 2022 – Taxpayers who are subject to self-assessment will need to pay any underpaid tax and NIC for 2020-21 plus any first payment on account for 2021-22.
Clients reading this reminder who need to know how much to pay or reference numbers to quote should check the letter enclosing their 2020/21 tax return for signature. If yours hasn't been finalised yet it will be with you shortly if your records are already with us.
If you cannot make payment in full, on the due date, you could contact HMRC to ask for more time.
You can make your own Time to Pay arrangement using your Government Gateway account, if you:
- have filed your 2020/21 tax return
- owe less than £30,000
- are within 60 days of the payment deadline
- plan to pay your debt off within the next 12 months or less
We are now passed the 60 days deadline to create a plan yourself online so please call the self-assessment helpline urgently if you require assistance with payment.
Self-Assessment Payment Helpline
Telephone: 0300 200 3822
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
For other taxes, contact the Payment Support Service, 0300 200 3835.